Thursday, April 15, 2010

So Long Status Quo...

As most of you now know, Justin and I are about to shake things up a bit...and MOVE! Although we realize this may seems a bit crazy considering the current housing market (and we'd have to put his up for sale), however we do have good reasons...

We both need jobs.

Justin has a job with Barlett Tree Experts in Augusta, GA and I... haven't made my final decision yet. I have a job offer, however there is one problem...it is two hours from Justin's job. If we live in the middle, the outskirts of Columbia would be our only option and we would both be commuting an hour to work each day.  (Yuck, I know)

Before we move (in 6 weeks) we need to:
  • replace the rotten fascia boards on the outside of the house.
  • tile the bathroom.
  • make new columns for the front porch.
  • close in the carport.
  • put down hardwood floors in the kitchen.
  • paint the cabinets and redo the cabinet doors.
  • build an island for the kitchen.
  • put the house up for sale,
  • OH, and find a place to live....
WOW! Ok, I can't breathe anymore!
So, the next few weekends will, needless to say, be spent working on the house and getting it ready to sell. The weekend of my birthday, May 1st, several people are coming up to help make the process go a little faster!

Although this move was not in our plans and not what we were prepared for at all, we are trying to be optimistic about our new adventure....

I'll keep you updated on the quick transformation of Justin's old ranch-style house! Pictures and videos will be posted as soon as anything is accomplished!

Now to lighten the mood a little! This one's for the Tysons...


While chaperoning the 4-Hers at G-day last Saturday, I refused to take a picture with the cheerleaders...so, this is what Justin got! (For the record, "Go Gamecocks!") :)

1 comment:

Sarah Brittany said...

Hi Casie, I saw your blog on your facebook profile and can I just say... I so relate to this post--if everything goes according to the best plan we have, I'll be commuting a freaking hour and a half from athens every day! Just wanted to say good luck with both of you finding a job and I hope it all works out... keep positive!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...