Monday, July 12, 2010

Living the Simple Life (Sort of)

   July 1st was our official move in day, and my mom, grandma, and aunt came across the state to help clean up the house. After 7 hours of dusting, mopping, scrubbing, bleaching, and many other -ing words that are related to cleaning, the house was spotless! Our first night we had a bed, a dresser, a coffee table, three lamps and a well stocked kitchen, but that was it.  
   After a fun weekend celebrating the 4th with the Tysons, we borrowed Mr. Tony's massive truck and trailor and headed to Clayton, Ga. We returned to North Augusta with a dining room table and chairs, recliner, rocking chair, guest bed, another dresser,  TV and stand, the dog kennel, and even more kitchen stuff.  
   While Justin worked, I put the house together.  I am now beginning to realize how much work a stay at home mom really has to do...and we don't even have kids! After being in a constant state of cooking, cleaning, and washing clothes, I can't imagine throwing kids into the mix. (Go Moms!)
   I'm not saying I haven't had a little fun, too! :) During the first couple of days I went shopping!! Guilt free shopping! Thankfully, Justin and I had saved all of our Target and Bed, Bath, & Beyond gift cards and had a few returns and exchanges...I was able to buy several things for the house that we had accidentally left off the list or just were waiting on getting (like a rug for the living room and a new set of cutlery!).

Until you come to visit, here's a sneak peak of our house (which we are quickly making into a home.):

 
Our kitchen.


Our bedroom.


Our living room.


Our guest bedroom! (Come visit!!)


We do have our favorites about each room (To be honest, I guess these are mostly my favorites):  
My favorite part of the dining room is the plates! The table is set with square green dinner plates accompanied by paisley salad plates (which Justin prefers to call dessert plates.)


 
The most sentimental part of our bedroom is the love birds. They are now used as decoration but were once atop our wedding cake! I love duel purpose items!

   The original glass door knobs give the home a vintage vibe. I love it.


And in the kitchen: I'm sure it goes without saying, my favorite appliance is my KitchenAid!


What's a plant if it's not edible? We have hanging baskets, but these personalized pots are my favorite!


As we settle into our new home - and our new lives - we are trying to keep in mind the advice given to us by a very wise doormat: Live life simply! :)

1 comment:

Emily said...

Awwww, Casie, the house is really cute! I'm glad y'all are finally able to get settled in somewhere! (And setting up a household with a kid isn't all that different. You just re-do everything daily, as you have a little shadow that likes to "un-do" as fast as you make progress. hehehe Go ahead, ask us how many times we have put the DVDs back in the cabinet of the entertainment center. I will say this much - we've quit organizing them each time now.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...