Friday, December 17, 2010

It's Never Too Early For Cupcakes!







How lucky are my students? Incredibly lucky, I must say!

On Wednesday night, I made chocolate chip and sugar cookies to take to school on Friday for my teacher aides and students to celebrate the last day of school before the holidays. However, when I got home on Thursday afternoon, all but 3 of the cookies I had not already put in specific cookie tins were gone, eaten, devoured by Justin. I guess I can't blame him, they were wonderfully chewy! :)

So, last night's mission, on top of making cupcakes, was to make more chocolate chip cookies - lots of them.

This morning as I headed out the door, my arms were full of yummy goodies -  two cupcake carriers,  about 3 dozen chocolate chip cookies, and four teacher gifts makes for several trips.

When the kids strolled into the classroom this morning, I showed them the treats I had made for them but informed them we wouldn't be eating cupcakes until the following period. Only one of my students was not returning for that class so I told him, "Brendan, you aren't with us next period, however if you want a cupcake you may come by after school and get one." I was amazed by his reply, "I think I'll pass on the cupcakes, isn't it a little early for cupcakes?" 

First off, what kid doesn't think sugar is a major food group? Secondly, too early? When is NOT a good time to eat cupcakes (in the eyes of a kid)? 

Well, needless to say, the students in the following class certainly did not agree with Brendan and provided much needed compliments after hours of baking. I love my students, as much as they may make me want to pull my hair out, they always provide humor to my day. 


1 comment:

Emily said...

Casie, I promise that our parents did try to teach us moderation. When it comes to my brothers and food though, that lesson has always been lost!

Your cupcakes are adorable!! Can't wait to see y'all next week!!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...