Saturday, January 26, 2013

Brokenhearted and Blessed.

Thank you! Thank you! From the bottom of our hearts, we thank you for the outcry of love and support and prayers that have been sent our way and up to Heaven on our behalf. We're hurting and we're crying, but as strange of a feeling it is to have in a time such as this, Justin and I can not help but feel anything less than blessed.

We are blessed to have such a support system that knows how to love us.  You guys know when to call and you know when texts are all we need. You know prayer changes everything, and you have all reminded us of that so beautifully.

We are also thankful to have an energetic one year old that loves to give kisses and hugs. Her tender spirit shines through as she knows just how to lighten her mommy's heart. If our home wasn't filled with the laughter and love that this little girl provides, our days would be gloomy and much harder to face.

Jeremiah 29:11

'' For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Our prayer is that our faith shines through. That we allow God the chance to work a miracle, because our God is still in the business of working miracles. And if that miracle be that we hold our beautiful baby and get to love on him for only a few hours, we pray we can see the miracle in that.

In the darkest of times, when it all seems more than we can take, we are assured of His love for us and His overwhelming desire to provide the best for His children. So, we know God answers prayer. And we know that He is our ultimate YES! God! Even when it seems like He is staring us in the face leaving us with a big, fat, ugly 'NO!', He is gently whispering, in a still small voice, 'Yes, my child, yes. For I know what I have planned for you, and it is far greater, and bigger, and better than anything you can think to ask me for. So, yes. I love you. Yes, I will provide for you. Yes, I am all you need."

You, sweet friends, have reminded us of verses that have helped settle our breaking hearts. And we thank you. Here are just a few:

Psalms 34:18
"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

Isaiah 41:10, 15-16
"Do not fear, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, and help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

15 "See, I will make you into a threshing sledge, new and sharp, with many teeth. You will thresh the mountains and crush them, and reduce the hills to chaff. 16 You will winnow them, the wind will pick them up, and a gale will blow them away."

So let's crush some mountains. Let's destroy any obstacle that gets in our way. Let's have faith to let our God work in a way that only he can.

Please continue to pray with us. You have all been so wonderful, and can not thank you enough.

(One post down explains it all. Title:The news you don't want to hear. )

1 comment:

Hayden said...

Casie,
Something pulled me to your blog yesterday, and as I read your latest posts, I realized it was to give you this link. www.kimzkitchen.Wordpress.com This family is a friend of a friend here in greenville. They have recently been through a similar situation. I hope you can find some peace in this hard time. We will definitely be praying for you and Justin, that you will find comfort in the Lord. We don't know all the answers, but we can trust Him completely.
Prayers,
Hayden

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...