Monday, March 8, 2010

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

    Although the weather is beginning to be sunny with temperatures reaching the upper 60's, it feels like Christmas all over again! A pile of gifts in the living room, a table full of food, flower arrangements, and family...this sounds very similar to holidays at the Parrott's! What is the special occasion? I guess it could only be the beginning of wedding celebrations! :) For the record, I have a WONDERFUL family! On Sunday, my Grandma, along with several Aunts hosted my first Bridal Shower!
   To give credit where credit is due, my Great Aunt Jo (grandma's sister) made all of the flower arrangements! They were all so beautiful and very impressive! It really does not surprise me, however. All of the Mahoney ladies know all of the rules of etiquette...and gardening.
   My Aunt Jean (Mom's sister) also helped out with much of the planning! (See where I get my red hair??) She, Kathy, and Aunt Angie made the invitations, the punch, and brought the fruits and vegetables! Oh, what a party!
 
Oh and the little cake squares.... It's not a bridal shower without them! Man, I do not think I have ever realized how addicting they are until Sunday! (This is not a good thing, though...considering there is a fluffy white dress hanging in my closet that I need to fit into in a couple weeks for Bridal Portraits!)
 I was so overwhelmed (in a good way) with gifts! I wish we had taken a picture of all of them together! I told Justin that he would have to wait to find out what we got until he came home to see all of the pretty presents in person...but my excitement won out and I ended up bombarding him with all of the details of the party! Nothing about the detail-by-detail record of the day got his excitment up until he we started talking about the presents! (of course...)
I believe his excitement peeked when he heard we got the cast iron Dutch oven!!

   Thanks to these lovely ladies the shower went beautifully! Grandma Parrott, Aunt Jo Gamble, Aunt Angie, and Aunt Jean all deserve a very big hug and a million thank you's! Justin and I really appreciate all of the love and support! We love each and every one of you!!! Thanks so much, again!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Showers are so much fun! Looks like you had a beautiful one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...