Thursday, March 4, 2010

Way to go Cheerios!

As I was strolling down the cereal aisle the other day had to come to a sudden stop. Standing in front of the Cheerios selection, I noticed something new, something I had never realized before....

There are 10 different kinds of Cheerios. 10!
  • Honey Nut
  • MultiGrain
  • Banana Nut
  • Chocolate Cheerios
  • Cheerios Crunch
  • Berry Burst
  • Frosted
  • Apple Cinnomon
  • Yogurt Burst
  • Fruity
As I look through all of the choices, I can't help but think if all of these are really necessary. To me, the Fruity flavor and the Berry Burst seem like they could possibly be combined into one. And what the heck, why not make all of the cereals MultiGrain? Anyway, I move on.

 Although I may find the variety a little ridiculous and some of the flavors redundant, I do applaud them for sticking with the original flavor.

After spending a Saturday playing board games, Justin and I decided we wanted to add classic board games to our wedding registry. We went online in search of the classics, Monopoly and Scrabble. Well, like with the cheerios, there is now a huge selection of both of these games. Special editions, Movie Editions, Anniversary Editions, and the new Electronic Banking Edition Monopoly (which I still am not so sure about...).

Scrabble, even, is trying to get creative. Upwords Scrabble, Scrabble SLAM, Electronic Scrabble, Scrabble PLUS....I could continue but you get my point.

I am sure some game collectors appriciate their creativity and their ability to constantly update these already perfect games, but I just want the original, plain and simple, Park Place and Boardwalk Monopoly and Classic Scrabble, no need for fancy boards or glow in the dark pieces.

After searching online for quite some time, Justin and I were unable to find the original versions of either of these games. Apparently Wal-Mart, Target, and even the Hansbro site itself  no longer feel the need to carry the originals. It was a sad day for us!

In case you were wondering, this is why I at least applaud Cheerios for sticking with their original flavor! Way to go, Cheerios!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...