Thursday, September 9, 2010

Absolutely wonderful...no matter how you look at it.

What a beautiful life we live. I came to the realization this morning on my drive to work that sometimes I'm not as thankful as I should be. Sometimes I overlook all of the blessings in my life just because I am stressed at work, have lots of bills to pay, and just plain tired.

Although Justin and I have seen our share of struggles over the past three and a half months, we are extremely blessed and I do not want to overlook that.

As the day went on I was reminded of how good I have it and how many wonderful people I have in my life.

I arrived at school and as I was signing in in the work room another new teacher said "Mrs. Tyson! I brought you a treat today!" Oh, I love treats! She said "It's granny made!" Oh, I do love granny made goodies even more! As I made my way back to my classroom after visiting the 6th grade refridgerator, which is where she stashed my yummy banana pudding, I was grinning from ear to ear. It is always nice to know someone is thinking of you, even in the small things! Mrs. Coyle is so precious!

The day went smoothly and the kiddos were well-behaved for the most part, which always makes my job a little easier. During 8th period I had a visitor. One of the special education classes in our school made cookies today and one of the students brought me one! A COOKIE with icing! I was so delighted.

Unfortunately I had to stay after school for car duty and to catch up on some paperwork. My phone died at some point and I couldn't call and tell Justin I was going to be late. Well, it didn't matter. When I got home my wonderful husband had dinner on the grill (yummy lemon peppered chicken, grilled squash, onions, and peppers) and yeast rolls in the oven. And to my surprise, in the middle of our newly refinished table were beautiful yellow Lillies. Today was awesome!

During dinner he informed me that I needed to pack my bags because we were taking a little trip this weekend...just to get away from the hustle and bustle of our busy schedule! Since we both work late most nights and are so busy with everything else on the weekend, we haven't had a lot time to ourselves recently. Gotta love my thoughtful husband!

What a wonderful life this is.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...