Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Letter to Little.

Dear Little,

Time is passing so quickly, it seems as if yesterday was just the start of September. But now the air has cooled, the trees are changing into beautiful beacons of yellows and reds, and November has graced us with its marvelous presence once again. With the arrival of November, my heart starts to flutter, my face brightens with every thought, because I know this month I will have you. A daughter.

The days can not move fast enough, the restless nights last too long. You have been apart of me for the better part of this past year and to know that your beautiful and delicate little body will be wrapped in my arms in just a few short hours/days/weeks, fills me with excitement.

With the anticipation of your arrival and the unpredictable nature of it all, time all of a sudden begins to stand still. With each morning's light gleaming through the semi-cracked blinds, Justin and I share a brief look as if wondering silently, "Is today the day?" As he leaves to go to work he says, "I'll have my phone on me at all times," sparking an eruption of an even greater amount of happiness within my soul - just seeing the love and anticipation written across his handsome face.

Excitement fills our home. We have had fun trying out all of the old wives tales of inducing your arrival. We've eaten a lot of meals lately that maybe had a little too much cayenne pepper in them. We go for long walks. We drink pineapple juice. To our dismay, nothing seems to be changing, but we're keeping busy and enjoying this sweet time. 

Your room is now ready for you. There is nothing left for me to piddle with or wash. I often sit in the rocking chair that will soon be our special bonding place and ponder life and how soon everything is going to change.

The house is cleaner than ever. My bag is packed and ready to go. There is nothing left to do to prepare our home for the arrival of you. We are only left with the insuppressible urge to simply hold you in our arms. You will come in your own timing. You will be all we've dreamed of.

Love upon love awaits you here.

1 comment:

Britney Coyle said...

Oh, I'm so excited for your family! I can't wait to hear about Little's arrival!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...