Friday, November 11, 2011

Pregnancy: 39/40 weeks.

 Behold the belly...

Lack of inspiration has hit. My anxious soul has found a place that words can't describe. I never thought it would be this hard - waiting. You'd think I've waited 9 months, I could wait another week or two without much harm. But it is so difficult knowing that this young lady is baked and ready to come, she just hasn't decided she's ready to meet us yet. Come on, Little!

Justin and I have been cheering her on, chanting her name, and trying desperately to convince her that it is time for her to make her grand appearance.  Everyone is getting anxious. My mom's car has been packed for weeks, ready to hit the road as soon as she she gets the call. Neighbors are scoping out our house and noticing little changes - (such as our lights being on past 10:00 pm, which is very unusual). I'm getting daily texts and phone calls from church members and friends to see if anything has changed or if we've had 'the baby' yet. All of this has been wonderful and I am so happy that others are sharing in our excitement, but it does, kind of, make me feel as if I'm letting all of them down by still being pregnant. 


This whole pregnancy I have been going by the due date my OB in Augusta gave me, which was revised considering Little has been measuring a week behind in every ultrasound. That date was Nov. 15th. We haven't made it there yet. But, my OB here in McComb has has still been calculating it as Nov. 8th - which has come and gone and left me far too anxious to meet this little one than words can describe.

We were hoping Little would come on Justin's birthday, November 7th. We did everything practical to make that happen, but we failed and she's still cooking. Sunday we went for an hour walk around the neighborhood (which is a 30 minute increase in the time I walk everyday) - and at my doctor's appointment on Tuesday I was still the same as I was 3 weeks ago. 3 cm dilated, 50% effaced. Needless to say, I left very discouraged. My OB swept my membranes, in hopes of enticing labor to start, but nothing happened other than horrible cramps.

I have another appointment today to discuss options and to have a final ultrasound to check final measurements. My doctor doesn't like her patients to go past 41 weeks, so induction will be on the tongue today. An option I really hope not to have to accept.

In this time we ask for your help in prayer. Please pray as our final days of being a family of two come to an end that we can spend our time enjoying the special nature of the last few moments. Please pray for Little's health and happiness and safety during childbirth. Pray for my mom to have a safe 14 hour drive. And please pray for me.

We'll keep you posted on the progress and events to come! :)

5 comments:

Willie Tyson said...

Casie, maybe Little is waiting to arrive on her gread-granddad's BD, Nov. 14. We will keep you and Little in our prayers.

Emily said...

"Am I in danger?" "Is my baby in danger?" Always good questions to ask a doctor before agreeing to an induction you are not comfortable with. And ultimately it is always your decision, not a doctor's. You have and are doing your baby a huge service by allowing her to cook as long as she needs, so long as you both are healthy! Trust your mama gut.

Those final days are hard, I know. Gabriela was 10 days "late", but when I got to hold that exactly 7 lb baby, I knew she came right when she was supposed to! Babies know. Your body knows. Trust your baby and trust your body. (And interesting that the OB textbooks and ACOG don't consider a baby to be medically post due until after 42 weeks. )

Totally your decision and everyone will support you in your decision, but don't let someone else convice you to do something that you aren't comfortable with! Much love!

Emily said...

P.S. You are absolutely gorgeous. You have a beautiful pregnancy glow. And that belly is an image of perfection.

Anonymous said...

I really hope she comes soon! Induction is truly not a path you want to go down unless you have to.

I wish you a speedy labor! I'm going to go all annoying and offer some advice. Try to get some sleep your first night... I didn't, I just stayed up staring at her all night and I don't think I've caught up on sleep since! ;)

brii said...

You have the most precious "Little" belly (yes, pun intended :-) )!!! You are going to be wonderful, I just know it! And Avalee is so excited to meet her cousin! Love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...