Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day.



Last year's Mother's day was pretty special to us. With a smile on our face and a little bump forming under my shirt, we made our big announcement: we were going to be parents.

At that time, motherhood was an idea, a dream, a picture of days to come with the Little growing inside of me. In the year between then and now, I have experienced love unfold from places I never knew it could grow. I've seen a helpless 7lb 10 oz baby transform into my 6 month old, who often has quite the opinion. I've seen sleepless nights turn into snuggle-fests and rocking chairs create magic.

To me, the meaning of motherhood is different now. It grows stronger and deeper and more powerful with every passing second. It is about constantly making sacrifices -- well-worth-it sacrifices. And about caring more for another human being than you could ever possibly care for yourself.  My motherhood is created out of my intense desire to nurture and support and give all that I have with hope of raising happy children who make this world a little bit of a better place.

Last year was special, but this year meant more. This year had meaning, purpose, and a sleepy Ellery curled up beside me while husband brought me breakfast in bed. It was perfect.

1 comment:

Tony said...

I love your pictures! I can almost see her personality.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...