Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Sarah Visits Mississippi.

One of my best friends, college roomie, and pretty much one of my favorite people on earth, came to visit us this past weekend. She flew from Charlotte to Atlanta and from Atlanta to Jackson, Mississippi! 

It has been two years since we've seen each other, and the last time was when she was standing next to me, as one of my bridesmaids, when I said 'I do'. So, we had quite the catching up to do.

The time she spent here was wonderful. We stayed up late, laughed incessantly, and used the phrase 'remember that time' at the beginning of most of our sentences.  With two years and so many life changes between us, it was incredible to be able to just pick our friendship up from where we left off and remember so many of the good times we've shared. 

There wasn't much to do in our sleepy little southern town, but with all that we had to catch up on, we didn't need any of the extras. We did a lot of playing with Ellery and hanging out with friends. We shared a few recipes and even made a day trip to New Orleans. 

It was fun and relaxing and nice to have a change from our daily routine!
  




 New Orleans was fun, even with a baby.  The weather was perfect and Ellery couldn't have been better! When she was strapped into the Ergo, it was almost as if she wasn't there. She slept on and off most of the day and enjoyed taking in the sights when she was awake.  It was fun hanging out with friends and doing the touristy thing for a day.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Sounds like a wonderful day with a great friend! I'm sure Ellery enjoyed Sarah also. I keep telling you that my grandbaby is perfect.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...