Monday, October 8, 2012

Cabin Fever.

The fresh, cool autumn air brings comfort to even the smallest of hearts. 

Ellery's drama queen nature revved it's little head today in an unusual fashion. It was a clingy and extra whiny morning in our house, and nothing I did seemed to help the rotten mood she found herself in. She fought her way through naptime. She cried as I rocked her. She even fussed as she shoved a handful of Cheerios in her mouth.  Something was wrong.

After fighting it all morning, I couldn't take being cooped up any longer while there was a beautiful day waiting for us on the other side of our door.  I grabbed an oversize blanket and a sweater for E and headed out.

 It was instantaneous. Her mood change. She was a different kid.

I diagnose it: Cabin fever. 

She was bored. Bored with her toys. Bored with our grey walls. Bored with me singing "If you're happy and you know it" to her - ten times in a row.

 I needed a little fresh air, and apparently she did, too. 
    

 





2 comments:

Amanda said...

Olivia is the same way!! Going outside cures anything for her!! And I am so glad that cooler weather has finally found it’s way to South GA!

Tony said...

She's like her Daddy. She prefers to be outside! I see she is fascinated by leaves also. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...