Sunday, June 16, 2013

38 Weeks. {Little Brother}


This could possibly be the last week of this pregnancy.

In the beginning, we were told we would deliver via c-section between 36 and 37 weeks, so getting this far is a huge accomplishment in our books. With much prayer, we found a team of doctors who valued research and our opinions and insisted we keep this wonderfully unique little boy on the inside as long as possible.

But the end draws near.

A 39 week induction date has been discussed ever since we switched to Oshcner, mainly for surgical planning purposes.

So, the time is really coming!

And by golly, it's pretty nerve racking!

I believe in the power prayer. For that reason, I have been trying to think of a way for me to be constantly reminded to pray over the course of this next week, instead of clinging to the multitude of worries and fears that are sure to arise. .

And so I have decided to paint my fingernails light blue.

I find color on my nails to look rather awkward. My fingers are short (and stubby with this pregnancy) and any color in between my poorly- shaped cuticles just accentuates that dreadful little fact. So, to me, this isn't just a fashion thing, this is a get-over-yourself-and-pray thing.  This week, as I look down at my fingertips, whether it be to swipe my credit card or type another blog post, my hope is that I will be reminded ever so subtly that my God hears my prayers. He knows my heart, and He longs for me just to ask.

Now, I ask you to pray, too. You don't have to paint your nails. (Please, dad, DON'T paint your nails!) But I do ask that you keep us in the forefront of your prayers. Maybe when you see a blue stroller, or pass by the baby section in Wal-Mart (or if you're lucky enough to shop at a Target more frequently), take a short second to just lift us up in a thoughtful prayer.

This part of our journey is about to come to an end, but a whole new adventure waits just around the corner.

5 comments:

Emily said...

I think the girls and I are going to paint our nails tomorrow. (Just as soon as I get to the store and buy some blue polish.) They're going to love it! :) And we'll use it as a reminder too to be in constant prayer for y'all. We love all of you to pieces!

Aunt Jean said...

I think I will too. Maybe just bright orange. I along with your Dad don't need to painy mine blue. It will still remind me.

Aunt Jean said...

Sorry, I mean paint.

Mom said...

After helping Ben to cut trees this past weekend, your Dad has several blue, bruised areas. He says that he'll use those bruises, instead of blue fingernail polish, to remind him to pray. We love your little family.

Beth said...

Casie, I want to say Thank you for the opportunity to reinforce the power of prayer to my 8 year old daughter. We both have our finger nails painted light blue. We will be praying for you and your family during the upcoming days, weeks, and months. Thanks, Beth Harrelson Gordon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...