Thursday, April 14, 2011

8 weeks.

  The countdown begins. The arrival of Spring Break meant there were only 8 more weeks of school left until summer break. Eight more weeks for me to be a first-year teacher at my lovely little middle school in Aiken. Eight more weeks of seeing my little bundles of joy walk into my classroom with a partial smile and a half-hearted 'hello'.  And then hit me. Not only am I leaving my first job acquired by having 4 years of college behind me and a bachelor's degree, but I only have eight more weeks until I will no longer be a South Carolina resident. There are only eight more weeks until I will officially receive mail in a Mississippi zip code. There are only eight more weeks until the changes Justin and I have meticulously discussed, planned, and budgeted for, come to a climax.  To be honest, this is all very exciting and overwhelming all at the same time.

Today a representative from the company that will be moving all of our belongings across 3 states came by to take inventory and get an idea of how many boxes, trucks, and men it will take to pack and ship all of our things. As I was showing her around and looking through cabinets I was suddenly very grateful that we do not have to move all of this ourselves - or even pack!

The time in between now and June is going to be busy: Easter in Athens, Mother's Day in Georgetown, my birthday, and our one year wedding anniversary! June will be here before we know it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...