Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend.

Living He loved me. Dying He saved me. Buried He carried my sins far away. Rising He justified. Freely forever. One day He's coming! Oh glorious day!
                                                                                                                     -Casting Crowns

   Our Easter weekend was jam-packed full with sightseeing, visiting, cooking, and doing all of the other traditional Easter festivities. Justin drove home from Mississippi on Thursday night, arriving in SC around 1:30 am on Friday. Needless to say, we spent the majority of Friday morning sleeping in - time well spent. We eventually peeled our tired eyes out of bed to cook breakfast and piddle around the house. Justin cut the grass and did other necessary (manly) chores that I just couldn't seem to get done while I was home alone.

   We headed to Athens, GA Friday night and the adventures began.


   We mapped out our schedule for the weekend and decided we would take a trip to Helen, GA on Saturday to enjoy the weather in the mountains. We very thankful to be able to take Mrs. Mona on our mini-exploration, as she added great humor and enjoyment to our trip. We visited Unicoi State Park, hiked to see Anna Ruby Falls, and fulfilled my craving for boiled peanuts! Oh the joy of the mountains!


    After a long, enjoyable day, we returned to Mr. Tony's abode to dye Easter eggs... like most kids our age, right? I guess it is hard for me to let go of traditions...


    As Justin tried to play mind games with his eggs - writing RAIN on one and dying it purple - I proceeded to make simple smiley faces and the traditional Happy Easter slogan.
 

   Easter Sunday was truly a blessing. Mr. Tony, Mrs. Mona, Justin and I all went to church and celebrated the day.  We returned to cook lunch and Travis and Brii (with a 5 week til baby- belly) joined us for a good time full of laughter.  And as a side note: I've got to say, after seeing an active Baby T in Brii's belly, I'm more curious than ever to find out what the gender of this baby is!! I supposed the little squirm-er will be here soon enough! :)


    Although our Easter was full of the traditional dying of Easter eggs, family gathering, and good food, we pause to remember the reason for this precious holiday - the loving sacrifice our Lord Jesus made for the forgiveness of our sins and his resurrection. For it is this that our faith is based on. We are truly thankful.  

1 comment:

Emily said...

Awwwww...you make me sad. I wish we had been there too!!! Miss all y'all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...