Wednesday, October 28, 2009

So, today I start blogging...



Being my first blog ever, I think I should mention that I am pretty excited about this coming up May! My life will change in all sorts of ways. I will be a college graduate certified in Special and Elementary Education AND a NEWLYWED! :)

After being in school for close to 16 years, it is weird to think that necessary schooling is coming to a close. Next fall, instead of preparing to sit in classes or paying tuition and buying books, I will be preparing my own classroom, my own lessons, teaching young minds, and getting PAID! Justin is especially excited about the last part!
Although I am excited about graduation and everything that comes along with it, I must admit, I am more excited about marrying my best friend on May 22, 2010! It may sound cheesy, but I am reminded that God puts people in our lives for a reason every time I look at Justin. Our love and respect for each other grows daily and I could not be anymore blessed.

Speaking of Justin, he is currently in Brazil visiting his sister, brother-in-law, and their 6 1/2 month old baby girl, Gabriella! Since they will be returning to the States at the end of the year, Jus had to visit with them before their big return. I guess I have time to blog now that Jus is out of the country! ;)

Now, onto wedding details!

Justin and I have conquered a good bit of our wedding planning. We recently decided on Save-the-Dates and they came in the mail YESTERDAY! This was an exciting event for me. Unfortunately, I have been unable to view them since I made the mistake of mailing them to my parents' house in Georgetown, SC. :( Mom has given me the thumbs up and says they are perfect, I am sure I will agree!

We have a wedding planner, which (I am sure) will be of much needed assistance in the Spring when I am in the middle of student teaching. Fellow senior education majors have called me crazy and a bit looney because I going to attempt to plan a wedding and student teach all at the same time. Little do they know, I am always up for a challenge. Justin claims he could plan a perfectly fine wedding in a month and laughs at me when I talk too much about wedding plans. ( I guess that is a guy for ya! ) Although he picks at me about it, he is more than excited about the big day, too! :)

Anyway-- it doesn't seem like a lot right now, but slowly but surely, the plans are coming along. I will keep you updated as the BIG DAY approaches! :)

I will close with a couple engagement pictures! More to come later!
This one is for Justin....Dendrology Dude, himself! Justin can explain the cause of the holes in the middle of the firewood behind us. Just ask him! It really is amazing! :)


...And this decribes us! Wonderfully unique! We were unaware that this picture was even taken until we got the pictures back. This one ended up being one of our favorites!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...