Thursday, May 26, 2011

Cooperation.

  Tuesday was my last doctor's appointment before I move to Mississippi (which occurs in T-minus 7 days)! Somehow, with maybe a little begging and  an "I want to make sure everything looks normal before I have to find a new OB" line, I managed to weasel myself into getting another ultrasound!

  Justin and I were hoping to find out Little's gender at this appointment, but have the nurse put it in an envelope for us to open this weekend together. Unfortunately, Little was not being very cooperative. At first glance the cord was between the legs, then a hand, and finally ended up cross-legged face down, butt sticking straight up. The nurse tried, and tried, and even had me stand up and wiggle, but nothing motivated this kid to reveal secrets.

  Some say, due to Little's modesty, they think it is a girl. We shall see. We've come to the conclusion, if this uncooperative streak keeps up and we are unable to find out the gender at the next ultrasound, we're just going to wait until Little's in our arms to know.

  On to other news. I stepped on the scale and actually lost a pound since my last appointment. The doctor didn't seem worried, she just recommended I eat more calories if I was going to keep up my daily 45 minute walk.  I'll happily take that advice!

  The ultrasound showed baby was developmentally a week behind my estimated due date, which matched up perfectly with the first ultrasound. When I went in for my first appointment, the gestational age of Little was 7 weeks 1 day, but according to my estimated due date I was supposed to be 8 weeks 1 day along. The nurse said the growth between the ultrasounds was right on target and everything looked as normal as she could tell for a baby of 15 weeks. With all said and done, my estimated due date is now inching closer to Thanksgiving and is now coming in at November 15th.

   According to my new due date, I'll be 19 weeks at my next appointment in McComb, MS. Maybe since Justin will be with me Little will cooperate and clue us in on what accent color should be chosen for the nursery. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...