Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Questions.

Please forgive me if my blogging has been a bit uninspired lately. All that has been on my mind recently is miniature sized, so coming up with topics other than such, and trying my best not to disclose any suspicious details, has been a bit difficult.

Anyway:  Who would have thought that the boy who said "WHY!?!...I mean, not why, I mean, WHAT!?!, " in response to his sister's pregnancy would be having a little one of his own just a little while later. Well, it's true. You've seen the ultrasound pictures. We're pregnant!

Since the news went viral on Mother's day there have been a lot of questions. So this blog is dedicated to answering some of the most popular questions we've been asked so far:
  •  Yes, this was sort of planned. Without going into too much detail- when we decided we were going to stop trying not to have a little...four weeks later we had a positive pregnancy test.
  • Yes, we are very excited! 
  • No, we did not just find out. We found out in February, just before the 4 week mark. We were waiting until the end of the first trimester to tell. 
  • We are 14 weeks along, we go up a week every Tuesday. Estimated due date: November 8th. 
  • No, I have not had much morning sickness, just constant fatigue and nausea, which is more than enough to reassure me there is a baby growing in my ever bloated belly.
  • Yes, we want to find out Little's gender. Though we could find out before I leave for Mississippi, we are waiting until I move so Justin can be at the doctor's appointment with me. :)
Justin has been a precious daddy-to-be, and very understanding of my weeping spells and small fits of rage.  Although some say it is because we are three states away and he doesn't have to deal with my mood swings first hand everyday. I disagree. In the age of cell phones and instant connectivity, I have enough ways to communicate my frustrations, anxieties, and overwhelming emotions as soon as they happen for him not to miss any of the excitement. 

Thank you for sharing in our joy! We feel extrordinarily blessed as we start yet another adventure!

5 comments:

Emily said...

hehehe Justin's response to my first pregnancy is certainly one of my favorites!

Isn't it amazing that something SO TINY can require SO MUCH ENERGY to grow? The fatigue is definitely what surprised me the most! Hopefully you'll be done with that soon though as you enter your second trimester.

Casie Parrott Tyson said...

It really is crazy! I had read about the fatigue, but I didn't believe it would get so bad.... Asleep by 8, napping whenever I get a chance....

Leah Timm said...

Wow Casie! I haven't read your blog in a while and they are quite exciting!! Congratulations! You do such a great job writing these!

Amanda said...

Hey Casie, I am an old friend of Justin’s. Emily is one of my oldest and dearest friends and all the Tyson’s are like my 2nd family! Travis, Justin and Nathan were/are the closest thing I’ve ever had to brothers and I just recently found your blog and love keeping up with you both and all the exciting changes in your lives. My husband has lots of family in Hattiesburg, MS and we visit quite frequently so maybe one day we can all meet up somewhere. I’d love to see Justin and meet you personally!! I’m so excited for you and Justin, expecting Little Tyson! Please tell him I said congrats!!!

Casie Parrott Tyson said...

Thanks, Leah! And Thank you, Amanda! Yes, I've heard all about you from the Tyson's :) and how sweet you were to give the preacher at Mt. Gilead Justin's number. It always helps to have connections when you move to a new place! I can't wait to get there! If y'all are ever in the area we would love to meet up!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...