Sunday, March 27, 2011

That's Important to Me.

I would like to apologize for the brief laziness in blog-world lately. Staying busy in order to keep my mind off of the fact that my nights are spent alone, and not having TV to pass my time results in very boring blog posts when your time consists of working late, exercising, and sleeping on a co-worker's couch.

After two weeks of late night phone calls, calculating the time difference, and wishing my lovie was home, the time finally arrived and Justin was darkening my doorway on Friday at 10:20 pm EST.  Our weekend was a short and lazy one. We went antiquing for the better half of the morning, but then resorted back to the house once the thunderstorms crept in.

Loving and laughing, hugging and holding hands. One day is not long enough to spend with your better half. After a few hours little while of sulking, I found a beautiful song that describes my priorities, what is important to me, perfectly.  It made me smile, have a listen if you'd like:

"That's Important to Me"
                   Joey+Rory


Not planning our day around a TV set

Paying our bills and staying out of debt
That’s important to me
That’s important to me

Openin’ the windows and lettin’ in air
Holding hands when we’re saying a prayer
That’s important to me
Yea, that’s important to me

Having somebody to share my life
Loving my husband, and being a wife
And the very best mother I can be
That’s important to me

Telling the truth, and being real
Feeding my family a home cooked meal
That’s important to me
That’s important to me

Planting a garden and watching it grow
Keeping it country on the radio
That’s important to me
Yea, that’s important to me

Always having you to hold,
Being beside you when we grow old
And they plant us ‘neath that big old tree
That’s important to me

Always having you to hold
Being beside you when we grow old
And they plant us ‘neath that big old tree

Believing our dreams will take us somewhere
Still bein' ourselves if we ever get there
That’s important to me
That’s important to me
Yea, that’s important to me
That’s important to me

That’s important to me
That’s important to me

3 comments:

Tony said...

Great song! I can relate...

Andrea A said...

I have been praying for you. You and Justin are blessed and strong people for being so bold and obedient to what God wants you to do! I definitely admire you two very much.

That song is incredible! I've been seriously stressing over songs for the wedding. I believe it's just what I'm looking for. :)

I know I'm far away, but please let me know if I can ever do anything to help you girl!

Mom said...

You make a Mother proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...