Thursday, June 2, 2011

Bittersweet Departure.

   Today was my last day as a middle school teacher; the last day for me to hear, "Mrs. Tyson, can I borrow a pencil?" and the last day for me walk in the school building at 6:45, turn on my lights and greet my classroom, all over again.  As the door shuts on this part of my life, I have bittersweet feelings. I am excited to be apart of a whole new journey with Justin in Mississippi, preparing for a new family member and starting our new life, but as I reminsce about this past year, in a way, it is far more difficult to say good-bye than I expected it to be.

   My fellow teachers have become like family. They have been so supportive throughout the year as they watched me cry, slave, and at times pull my hair out, in my attempt to save the world, one student at a time. My heart is already with Justin, already in Mississippi, and has been since March, but this little middle school in the heart of Aiken, SC will always hold a special memory and the people will have warm place in my thoughts.

   As my first real job, putting to work that hard earned 4-year college degree, I can truly say it was far different than I ever imagined.   There was a lot I learned through trial and error, and much more that I learned through the advice of veteran teachers who showed more generosity and kindness than what was ever expected of them. For these wonderful ladies (and a couple gentlemen) I am truly grateful.

  Thank you for the opportunity to learn and experience all of the wonderful things that occur in the life of a middle school teacher. Life is definitely never boring, and often so much more fun. It has been an awesome adventure.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...