Monday, June 20, 2011

Letter to Little.

Little at 18 weeks 5 days
Dear Little,

   As I struggle to find words to describe the feelings that are currently racing through my head and my heart, I smile with excitement and anticipation, rub my ever expanding belly, and daydream of life accompanied by you. Your daddy and I have speculated and guessed and imagined what life would be like with you without knowing your gender. I've already seen the overly protective side of both of us, which may be your greatest annoyance as you grow older. You're our first, our only Little, and although we often are scared to death to find out what the other side of parenthood holds, we are thrilled to know that you will add joy and laughter and amazement to our sweet little family.

   The day we learned that we were about to embark on such an adventure, we stood in our living room,  half in shock, half consumed by the most warm and happy feelings of our lives. Now 3 months later, those feelings are still there. 

  Yesterday was Father's Day and since we happened to know someone who worked at the hospital that could give us a quick peak at you, we decided it was perfect timing.  As I laid on the bed with warm ultrasound gel spread across my belly, holding your daddy's hand, there you were. Sweet, not overly active, but cooperative. The ultrasound tech gently asked, "Do you have a preference on the gender?"  Your dad squeezed my hand, smiled and said, "Just healthy!" At that moment the tech began typing on the monitor and pointing between your legs, "It's a Girl!" I squealed and laughed as your daddy grinned from ear to ear, eyes filled with excitement.


    We couldn't be happier. Our suspicions were confirmed and now I can officially look at those adorable flowery headbands and seersucker dresses, that you'll just look so adorable in, without feeling a tad bit silly and over confident in our speculations.

  You'll make a wonderful addition to our loving family. While we still have a lot of planning and learning to do before you arrive, know that you are already loved, cared for, anticipated, and thought of in the highest regards.

   We love you, kiddo!

      -Mom

4 comments:

Emily said...

Girls rule! :)

I happen to know a couple cousins that will be excited to have another girl joining the family!

I talked to a certain Grandpa yesterday who was pretty excited about the situation as well!

Love y'all. Love Little. So happy for you!

Mom & Dad said...

We already love her...

Aunt Jean said...

I love your "sweet little family".

alliehallmarr said...

oh, you guys are going to be such great parents! this is such a sweet letter <3 congratulations!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...