Thursday, June 23, 2011

Little's Hanging Orbs.

   I'm not sure if the nesting phase includes an increase in creative inspiration, but lately it has been difficult to see the plethora of cute nursery decorations and not think, "I could do that!" So, after a couple hours searching the internet for my first nursery project, I chose one that would make a great addition to the room where Little will lay her head. 

 

So, I headed to the store in search of the fake flower section to pick out the perfect ones for my project. For the record, I loathe fake flowers and do not believe I have ever purchased them until now, but for my decorative orbs, I must use them.  


    Next, I found some 20 gauge utility wire - wire sturdy enough to hold its shape, but flexible enough to form a shape easily.
 
   With the materials purchased, I started by cutting four pieces of wire in equal lengths and forming circles of equal sizes. After the circles were formed I interlocked and connected them at each intersection with small pieces of the remaining wire, until a sphere was formed.

 
      Next I used a knife to form a slit in each of the flowers and filled the stems with Tacky Glue before finding the perfect placement for the individual flowers over the wire.


    This is the first of three cute little orbs I plan to make and hang over the crib. The plans are for the three to be slightly different sizes, and slightly different colors.  We still have a while until crunch time hits us and we have to get in nursery mode real quick, but until then,  I'll be perfectly happy finding little projects and activities that I can do to make the nursery more personal and inviting for Little. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...