Thursday, June 16, 2011

Hello From Mississippi.

It is hard to believe that it has been nearly two weeks since I made the 9 hour drive from the little house in North Augusta that we used to call home  to be with my loving husband in Mississippi. With all of the excitement, arranging furniture, attending dinner parties, and deciding which room to remodel first, we're having fun.


  When I arrived, I could tell Justin had been hard at work. There wasn't a cardboard box to be found in the house. Everything was unpacked and arranged, just waiting for me to arrange it again. :) Because we're always up for home improvement, we quickly made a to-do list and started working. We've been patching holes in the wall, testing paint colors until we find the right match, installing antique door knobs, and destroying the laundry room to build a new, more improved area to launder clothes (Later, I will blog more on the laundry room remodel and our new-found reason to never leave a hole in the floor).   



  Our house isn't the only thing that has been improving - so have my skills in the kitchen. In one week, I managed to cook my way through an entire bag of all-purpose flour. From cobblers to tarts, to bread and cookies, I have not been bored. Apple dumplings and fresh-fruit popsicles have also made their appearance in my kitchen this week.

First time baking bread: Cinnamon Bread and Cheesy Bread.

Cinnamon Swirl!
 Not to worry, I have not been consuming much of these yummy treats. Since moving here, we've been invited to several dinner parties and hosted one of our own, so these tasty commodities have also been enjoyed by our new friends. 

  As we settle into life without nightly 9 o' clock phone calls (again), our conversations are a lot sweeter, more interesting, and often more humorous now that we're finally together.

In reference to a conversation we were having on amniotic bands in pregnancy, Justin began humming the tune to "When the Saints Go Marching in". I looked at him quizzically, and he replied, "If you had an amniotic band, it would play jazz".

And again as we were sitting on the couch watching a movie, Justin said, in a very surprised, just-realizing manner:  "You're really getting big!" I gently reminded him that after Little is born he is no longer allowed to utter those words in reference to my belly (or most any other body part for that matter).


   We're not the only ones happy in our new home. Paisley is settling in nicely as well. With a big fenced-in backyard, we no longer have to keep her cooped up in a little kennel. She has ample room to chase squirrels and fetch tennis balls. Life is good.

4 comments:

Tony said...

Casie:
The house looks great! I can't wait to get out there and see it again. And you can bake some of that bread when I come! :)~
Love,
Dad T.

Casie Parrott Tyson said...

COME SEE US!!! :) We miss you! :)

Kit said...

Yay Casie! Your house is so cute! :) I want to see a pregnant picture!!

alliehallmarr said...

awww! this is going to be your baby's first house! so, so special. enjoy every single memory you make there, you'll find that even the times you weren't paying attention too somehow turn into sweet memories as the months quickly go by!

ps. thank you so much for the sweet comment on my blog! it's so nice to "meet" you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...