Wednesday, September 14, 2011

AND.

Lately, in the still of the morning, just after Justin leaves for work, I’ve been spending the first moments of my day thinking - just thinking - about how the word AND has come into my life and how beautiful its coming has been.

For so long, it was just me. I was Casie. Making decisions on what to cook for dinner, weekend plans, and what the next paycheck would be spent on without having to consult anyone else.

And then I met Justin. And with Justin came my first AND.

Now instead of just Casie, I was Casie AND Justin. There was now someone else to consider. I now cared so deeply for someone else I could hardly stand it. There was more weight to every decision, more motivation behind every action, and more love enclosed in every thought.

Lately, I've been thinking, as I rub my ever expanding belly and prepare for the next big AND to enter my life.

Casie, Justin AND Little.

In two months time, our hearts will expand more than they already have, our family will grow, and we will be transformed into a precious unit of three. We'll have another person to fill our home, our hearts, and our spirits with love and laughter as we continue through this journey acquiring these beautiful ANDs.

The beauty of life is sharing it with others. I'm thrilled, excited, and amazed at this wonderful opportunity I have been given to open my life, yet again, to another individual - to add another AND behind my name. To give my heart away daily, place these wonderful people before myself, and love beyond my wildest dreams is my desire. Such a beautiful desire. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...