Saturday, September 24, 2011

Ode to Fall.

 Time to bring out the scented candles and adorn front porches with plump pumpkins and decorative wreaths. The season that has been intensely anticipated around this household is finally here! Fall's wonderful and unique qualities of college football, colorful leaves, and cooler weather all combine to make my spirits soar, senses heighten, and allow me to come to the conclusion that this really is the the most wonderful time of the year.

To celebrate the first day of fall, I opened a can of pumpkin, brought out the spices, and flipped through my recipe books to find the perfect "first day of fall" concoction: Pumpkin Whoopie Pies. Although they look a little rough around the edges and just thrown together without much care, let me assure you, the flavors work together wonderfully to give you the relaxed, inviting feeling of fall!

 Fall is here! Fall is here!  






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...