Friday, October 28, 2011

Pregnancy: 37 Weeks



 I have been bad about keeping up with the weekly baby progress. At 37 weeks, 3 days we are now in 'waiting for baby' mode. Justin and I have been walking, walking, walking, eating spicy foods and pineapple, going on weekend hikes, and everything else that is supposed to naturally help soften the cervix and entice dilation.

A little too much information? Sorry.

At this point, getting a good nights sleep is growing exponentially harder, and I am just assuming that this is God's way of preparing me for the nights that are soon to come.

At my last doctor's appointment (on Tuesday) I was 3 cm dilated and 50% effaced. She said I was progressing well and the baby could come from any day to a couple weeks from now. Either way, woah, Little will be here SOON!

The nursery is prepped and ready with all of the stuff that an infant will need for survival (at least I hope so). 

My belly is somehow STILL growing, and I waddle - not just a cute, little sway from side to side while I walk, either. I look like a duck.

Besides the lack of sleep and the waddling, this pregnancy has been much easier than I imagined. I am thankful to have been blessed with good health and no swollen ankles or stretchmarks throughout this adventure. As we prepare to meet our little girl in the next little while, my heart is overwhelmed with the blessings that surround me.  Justin and I are so amazed that we will soon be using all of our past experiences, our parents examples, and God's word to guide us through the marvelous journey of raising a child. As we grow increasingly anxious and the day of meeting our new family member draws closer, keep us in your prayers. We ask for prayers for Little's health, a safe delivery, and for our future beyond the delivery room - for us to lead a Godly example for our kids, to be loving, kind, patient, and wise.

I feel every emotion imaginable. One moment I feel completely confident and prepared, and the very next second I feel I am way too young to be having a child. Sometimes I feel overly excited and the next I feel more nervous than I have ever felt. They say this is normal, and I suppose it is to be expected. Our lives are changing, but I love the life I live now. How can a little baby change what we have for the better? And some how, I know she will. I know when I see her face, when I hold her in my arms, everything will be right. Our hearts will be filled with more love than we can currently imagine and we will not want to come back to this time before her.

These were just a few of the random thoughts that have been plaguing my mind lately. Sitting on ready, waiting for those first contractions is more difficult that I imagined it'd be. We will meet her when the time is right, and we will find out when that is soon enough.

1 comment:

brii said...

Ah! I'm so excited to meet that baby soon! Love you!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...