Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Pregnancy: Week 34

 6 weeks to Little!

Whew! Yesterday concluded our birthing classes. If things did not seem real or like they were progressing before, we definitely feel it now. From touring the hospital, watching a video of several women given birth, and seeing just how the labor bed comes apart and gets put back together for the different stages of the birthing process - our eyes were opened in a big way.

The handsome one has been full of questions lately and seemingly analyzing every action I take or pain I have trying to determine if it is pregnancy-induced or me just overreacting. He's also observed that I'm at least 3 inches wider from navel to back than from side to side, which is ultimately a little disheartening but I guess it should have been expected.

With my belly taking the shape of a torpedo as I begin to waddle, I'm constantly approached with the concerned question: How are you feeling? I stop and think and can't help but feel absolutely weird and fantastic all at the same time. When I feel the little feet and a hard bottom rolling around under my ribs or in my side - realizing that there is really a little person inside of me, how can I not feel anything but weird and fantastic? 


On the home front, the nursery is pretty much ready. Tiny little girly outfits are washed and arranged by size in the closet. With only a few picture frames to paint and hang, we’re now left to wait out the last few weeks until Little gets here. Our emotions and feelings are all over the place as we constantly contemplate life as a family of three. Life with a newborn. Life where traveling will now include packing strollers, car seats, diapers, and bottles.

Our lives will change. They already have. It has been a beautiful ride so far, but we are anticipating the journey to get even sweeter as our family expands and we watch our little girl grow.

1 comment:

Andrea A said...

Hooray! You look beautiful! You are already an awesome mommy taking such good care of that little while she's growing in your tummy. :) I can't wait to meet this little sweetheart when she finally decides it's time to enter the world. She has got a wonderful family waiting on her. :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...