Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 9

      After almost a week and a half of tossing and turning at night and dealing with a knotty stomach and shaky emotions during the day, I could stand it no longer. They said they would call me in 10 to 14 days, but I called my doctor's office on Day 9 and left a very detailed message, including my birthdate and social security number (yes, I did feel a little strange leaving that on a message where anyone could commit identity fraud, but I didn't want to leave them with any excuse to not call me back for fear of violating HIPPA laws because they could not confirm my identity via telephone message, etc.). I got a call back around an hour later. The nurse was pleasant this time. Very well-spoken, unlike the nurse I spoke with last time, who seemed a bit "countrified". I was informed that they did indeed have my results. (WHAT? You mean I cried in your office, you handed me a pamplet, and you said YOU would call ME when the results came in?)

    I waited patiently (but I'm sure she could hear the annoyance in my breathing) for her to retrieve my chart. She took a breath, which scared the mess out of me, and said, "It looks like it is nothing serious right now, we'll just schedule you for a 6 month check up." Forgetting every grievance I had against this office, if I had been standing next to the bearer of that news, I probably would have jumped up and kissed her.

1 comment:

Kit said...

This is great news Casie!! I am so glad everything came back good. I know that was so stressful for you. What a relief...and now go find yourself a new GOOD doc!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...