Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Letter.

  I always dread driving home on days like this. On days when I know my lovie will not be there. He will be out of town for the next two nights and I will be at home, eating left-overs, and renting cheesy chick flick movies that I otherwise would not get to watch.

  When I walked in the house, I noticed the kitchen was clean, the bed was made, and I was without a note. I thought to myself, "Justin always leaves notes when he's going to be away!" Another thought: "Maybe he didn't leave a note because of that really blown-out-of-proportion fight we had last night."

  Either way, I wasn't ready to give up hope. I checked on the bed, under the pillows, in the kitchen, and on the couch. Why did he not leave me a note? A good-bye? Very sad, I poked out my bottomlip as if someone was there with me to give me a pat on the back or throw one of those "I could walk a mile..." quotes at me.

   As I realized I had searched the entire house still carrying my purse, I decided it would be a load off my shoulders, quite literally, if I put it down. Seeing as how I was not going to be cooking dinner tonight, nor was I going to be using our kitchen table, I laid my purse smack dab down in the middle.

  I guess it turns out I did not actually search the entire house before entering into my state of drama, because when I looked down at the spot I had just laid my bag, low and behold, there was a note! How I missed it, I am not sure, but I was a happy camper.

  I miss my husband.

5 comments:

Tony said...

So romantic. :-)

brii said...

The notes are the best :-) It has always surprised me what secret romantics those Tyson boys are! Make sure to put them somewhere safe...I already love to look at the ones I've collected from Travis since meeting him 7 years ago, though I'd guees mine are slightly less romantic and slightly more crudely funny :D

Justin said...

I miss you! And don't eat all the chicken pot pie before I get home :)

Emily said...

Dad used to always leave Mom a note when he went out of town too. It usually started off "To Do:".

You girls outta be thankful for the influence of their sister...just sayin'! ;)

Tony said...

Ya'll are putting a lot of pressure on Nathan. Hope Megan doesn't read this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...