Monday, January 10, 2011

I Guess You Can Believe the Weatherman Sometimes!

   Last night we heard several reports and Facebook status updates telling us to get our milk and bread. We do not have TV, so we were following the storm on The Weather Channel's online broadcast pretty closely. To be honest, any time the weatherman tells me there is definitely going to snow in South Carolina, I, 99% of the time, do not believe him. There have been far too many instances of false hope and let downs when it comes to any form of precipitation other than rain. Last night was no different.

   I went to be hopeful that I would wake up the following morning to a blanket of white and the roads would be too messy for my sweet husband and me to go to work. I was hopeful, but not convinced.

     Around 12:30 am I got out of bed to nervously check the windows because "I thought I heard something", as I do most every night. (This could be attributed to the kind of neighborhood we live in.) When I looked out though, for the first time, I could actually connect the noise to something--snow (and really swift wind). It had already started to accumulate! Woo-hoo! I was beginning to accept the weatherman's predictions.


We got the "no work" phone calls early but did not sleep in. We stared out the window for a while debating whether we wanted to just look at it or go play. It didn't take long, we layered up, grabbed our boots, and were out the door.




    We took several pictures, threw a few snowballs, and decided snow looks a little more fun than it really is. Not to be a downer. It is fascinating to watch fall. It is amazing to see how clean everything looks when it is covered in white. But once you are wet, cold, and numb, it really isn't much fun anymore.



    It's been quite a lazy day so far! Just the way I like it! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...