Sunday, February 27, 2011

Dear Britney.

Sometimes all you really need is a friend...and their baby. :) 

Britney, a co-worker who happens to live down the street from me, has been a dear friend since I moved to N. Augusta. Early in the school year she suggested we ride together when we can to save on gas. Our shared morning commutes have been just what I needed. We went from strangers to close friends in no time at all - and Hannah, her little 21 month old, adds a smile to every morning.  Sometimes it is nice to have a conversation with someone other than your husband, parents, and middle schoolers (Side note: I love them all dearly). It's nice to be able to talk about education, babies, and shopping (among lots of other issues)  and not get a yawn for a response because I wasn't talking about UGA football statistics.

On the way home the other day, knowing that I would be dropped off at an empty house and it was 70 degrees F outside and sunny, Britney suggested we go down to the river and play outside with Hannah. We spent about an hour and a half running around seemingly playing fetch with a 21 month old.

I just thought I'd take a moment to express how truly grateful I am for all of the lovely people God has placed in my life. Britney understands the loneliness I'm going to feel in a couple of weeks and has already expressed that by letting me sleep on her couch when Justin was out of town. God knew I needed a friend, and He gave me a great one!

Meet Britney and Hannah:

 



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...