Monday, February 14, 2011

Our Newest Family Member.

No, we're not pregnant, but we did just make a purchase that would be very close in cost to a delivery room visit. I've been begging for a nice camera for oh....about 6 months now, and drooling over them for even longer. Justin and I came to an agreement a few months ago - when he got a well paying job, I could get a camera! ...And it happened! (If I can add an opinion, I'm certain that it helped that he is leaving me in a few weeks, and he feels a smidgon guilty about it!) He did make it clear that this was an early Valentine's Day present, Birthday present, and probably will carry over into a Christmas present, too. (While reading this outloud to him, he added Anniversary present, also.)

After several hours of researching which SLR would be the best fit for us, we were dead set on the Canon XS. Review after review said how awesome and user friendly it was. It was considerably less than other SLRs, too! We made our trip to Sam's and made our purchase. Laying it bed that night, as we were both on the brink of sleep, Justin whispered, "Now don't think just because you whine about something for 6 months you're going to get everything you want."

I've read the manual, I've watched the tutorial video, but I still have A LOT to learn!!

Check out some of our most recent shots!
My Parents' Cat.
 
Front Porch

Pelican Landing.
Walking Paisley on the Bay.
Close-up of Paisley.

My Lovie.
 
Old Finishing Mill in North Augusta.

1 comment:

brii said...

Totally worth it! That's next on our list, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...