Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Prayer.

    These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
                                   John 16:33
    To start off, I just want to take a moment to brag. I know there are a lot of books based on outrageous in-laws, and it's very popular for characters in movies and TV shows to dread visiting family on the holidays, but I've got to admit, I've got it pretty good. I'm blessed to have a wonderful family of my own, and last May I married into one that a bride can only dream of. The friendship, the support, the love, and the understanding that surrounds all of the members of my family is really remarkable.

   I do not say it enough, I do not show it enough, but I am extraordinarily thankful for my families. Many of you know that my mother-in-law has Alzheimers, and ever since the Christmas holidays, her condition has seemed to take a turn of the worse. As the Tyson's struggle with many difficult decisions concerning what is best for Mrs. Mona, we are reminded how important family is - not just our relatives, but also our brothers and sisters in Christ. We are thankful to have our faith and the unconditional love of our Father, who has promised to be with us every step of life's journey. Hebrew 14:5-6

    During this emotional time, I would like to make a few prayer requests and ask you to please keep the Tyson's in your thoughts and prayers We pray for peace, understanding, acceptance, wisdom, and guidance in these difficult days ahead. Help us remember the blessings that surround us, the memories we have, and the love we share.



My Prayer:

Heavenly Father, I come before you with a humble heart, broken and asking for grace. Forgive me for all of my sins and shortcomings, as I call upon your name for healing and peace. Lord God, my family is hurting as they are faced with many difficult decisions. My parents-in-law are struggling with a disease that many 53-year-olds aren't even beginning to be concerned with. We know you have promised to never leave us or forsake us, and we ask for your hand to guide us through every twist and turn that life throws us. If it your will, please slow the progression of Mrs. Mona's ailment. If it is not, Lord God, give us the understanding and acceptance for things in which we have no control. We thank you for the loving and supporting family we have and ask now for you guidance in the days ahead.

Amen.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Thank you, Casie. I couldn't have picked three better sisters myself! (My brothers did a good job!)

Love you and miss you!

Tony said...

Thank you Casie. I have the best daughters-in-law (and future daughter-in-law!) and son-in-law anyone could ever wish for. Everyone has been wonderfully supportive as we go through these difficult times. You are correct - our family is richly blessed.

Love you,
Dad T.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...