Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Positives and Negatives

A few thoughts inspired from today's events.

I would like to take a moment to announce my:
  • appreciation for air fresheners. Whether the case is a smelly student or just a very-badly-does-the-trash-need-to-be-emptied smell. It's always nice to have a quick fix!
  • disdain for and confusion involving insurance agencies, especially in regards to health insurance. It's nerve grinding when I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to pay or why I still owe so much even though my deductible has been met. To top it all off, when I call customer service to ask these questions, I get a recording directing me to the website. Can I please just speak with a person? 
  • love for friends who let me sleep over at their house when my lovie is away and I'm scared of all of the noises our house makes. Good thing her husband is working nights the same time Justin is out of town!
  • frustration when people who are required by law and have been scheduled to be at your meeting-forget, call in with a sick spouse, or accidentally schedule another meeting at the same time. This is especially frustrating when the parent of your student has asked off work to attend the meeting and we have to reschedule. More paperwork, more angry parents.
  • understanding that sometimes you just need to cry, sob even, because after a good cry - you always feel better. (After the headache clears.)
  • dislike for unannounced classroom visits on Fridays, especially when my aid is absent! It was obvious today I was way too dependent on my lovely assistant. She was absent and I was observed. Not a good combination!
  • thankfulness for my mother who will listen to me whine and cry about nonsense.
Just thought I'd share.

2 comments:

Kit said...

feels like this is a day you need to hear: LOVE YOU! ...Glad you've found positives despite a frustrating day.


...you do know today isn't Friday, right? (next to last bullet)

xoxo

Casie Parrott Tyson said...

haha, thanks Kit! Yeah, I wrote this on Friday and remembered it today. (Explains the next to last bullet!) :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...