Saturday, March 17, 2012

4-Month Little.

My little Ellie Kate,

I've been meaning to write your letter since we came home from the pediatrician on Tuesday, but you've been a little achy, running a temperature of over 100 F, and quite emotional since your shots. So, I determined snuggle time was much more of a priority.

I do love your snuggles and since they are few and far between these days, I take the time to cherish every single one.


Even though the past couple of days have been a bit of a challenge, your fourth month of life has been the best yet! You are so cute with your sweet dimple and giant smiles. You now respond with coos and giggles to people's faces, especially your daddy's. You are truly mesmerized and often cackle at the mere sight of him.


In the realm of entertainment, you are starting to play independently with your toys for longer amounts of time, and needing me less and less each day. Your favorite toy is your colorful zebra - and your hands.

You are gaining strength daily, but tire out quickly when on your tummy. (You still hate tummy time!) When sitting in my lap, you often try to stand up on your own, and prefer to be standing whenever possible. You hold your head steady, which I guess was developed out of necessity since your daddy likes to throw you high in the air.


We introduced you to the Bumbo seat this month, and so far you love it. You like to watch me cook dinner as you chew on your elephant and talk to it a little.
 

At your 4 month Well-Baby check-up you weighed 16 lbs 3 oz., and the pediatrician said you were perfect.  You're a healthy girl, growing every second. Our lives are filled with so much joy because of you, little munchkin, and watching you grow has been one of our greatest blessings.

Love upon love,

Mommy

3 comments:

brii said...

Ah! Those legs! She looks a little like her cousin! ;-)

Emily said...

Yeah, THAT cousin...not my two! Only 4 more pounds to catch up to her 18-month old cousin, Lilian. HA! (And 13 more pounds to catch almost 3-year-old Gabriela!!!)

Too stinkin' cute! Love her!

Casie Parrott Tyson said...

If I didn't see that little Lilian eat over Thanksgiving, I'd say you just don't feed your children, Emily! :)

Avalee and Ellery got the Tyson genes...I guess your girls just missed out on all the fun! :) heehee.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...