Thursday, March 1, 2012

"And so train the young women to love their husbands and children,  to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled." 
                                                                                                                                            Titus 2:4-5
 

So, I'm not exactly sure how long it will last, but for the time being, I've given up Facebook.

This isn't for Lent nor is it because I suddenly just couldn't take all of the ridiculousness which Facebook exudes, because I, for some unknown and unfortunate reason, am severely addicted to the he said/she said drama that unfolds everyday, which is exactly why I feel this is the best decision for me.

I'm being called in a new direction. A direction in which I have not quite figured out yet.  I can feel God's pull, and his sweet whisper in my ear, preparing me for something greater than myself and my own selfish desires. In an attempt to listen closer, amplify His voice, and understand the message He is trying to get through to me, I've chosen to turn down the volume of some of the unnecessary distractions in my life, and start focusing upward. 

I want to live in a way that is pleasing to God. My desire sounds simple, and from the outside it may appear that our little family already has it all figured out, but internally we all struggle with the evil nature that we were born into, struggle to let go of the worldly temptations, and struggle to trust that God has a better way for us than the foolish path we would choose to take without him guiding our every step.

I'm not sure where God is leading me, but I know I want to hear Him when he calls. I am all kinds of blessed, but I often overlook it and I have come to expect the good things in life. With my sinful nature, I am in no way deserving of these blessings and Luke 12:48 puts it all in perspective. “But the one who did not know it, and committed deeds worthy of a flogging, will receive but few. And from everyone who has been given much shall much be required; and to whom they entrusted much, of him they will ask all the more.”

As a wife, I am called to be the supportive helper to my husband. As a mother, I have the responsibility to be an example in speech, life, love, faith, and purity (1 Tim. 4:12). These are big tasks and impossible to do on my own. But with His help and prayer, it is possible. All things are possible.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...