Thursday, July 14, 2011

Clogged Arteries.


Yikes is all I can say!

  A friend called inviting us to a rather large get-together at his place last night. Only instruction: bring something to fry.

  When we walked in, everything looked healthy enough - sliced zucchini, peppers, sweet potatoes, onions, green beans. And then we saw the batter. Everything was to be fried. Everything was to be battered. As more and more people arrived, more and more food showed up - chicken wings, shrimp, hotdogs, sausage, cheese, wontons.


  Thankfully I brought a few fresh apples and sliced them up. I tried to place myself by the fruit bowl instead of the fried platter for most of the night.
 Justin and I were put on dessert duty. We made fried blueberry pies out of canned biscuits and homemade blueberry filling, fried Oreos, and creme filled doughnuts. (For the record, I did not succumb to the temptation to eat any of these tasty treats. I would say I showed very good restraint as I clung tight to my apple.) This party definitely had a fair food vibe going on.

  Unfortunately the same restraint was not shown towards other parts of the meal, so I am afraid that a fruit and vegetable diet was strictly enforced today.  :)

1 comment:

Justin said...

Don't act like you didn't know what we were getting into ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...