Friday, July 22, 2011

A Little Update.

  
   Doctor's appointments are somewhat nerve wracking, especially when it is time for your sugar test. I've been eating lots of fruits and vegetables, trying to stay away from overly fatty foods, and regulating my salt intake since I found out about Little. But the butterflies still come when I'm sitting in the chair having my finger pricked and the nurse says, "Hopefully you'll be our first today to pass the 1 hour glucose test and not have to come back for the 3 hour one. We'll know in 30 seconds." Yikes.

That 30 seconds felt like an eternity. The machine beeped, signifying the test was complete, and the nurse calmly walked across the room to check it out. "Your number needs to be below 140 and yours is perfect at 116." Sigh of relief.

  Doctor's appointments can also be exciting. Especially when your doctor surprises you with an unscheduled ultrasound. Since my last ultrasound showed there maybe an extra digit on one of our dear Little's feet, my OB wanted to have a closer look. All of the vitals were still measuring as they should, ranging from 23-24 weeks of gestation. Her legs were measuring a week ahead of time, meaning she may not be short like her momma. She's already packing on the pounds, weighing in at 1 lb. 6 oz.! And her toes - it looks like she's normal with 5 toes on each foot.  

  I've gained around 5 lbs now, my blood pressure is in normal range, and our little girl is growing perfectly.  We couldn't ask for a better report!

1 comment:

brii said...

Could you please stop being so stinkin' cute, Little! You're making your cousins look bad! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...