Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Pregnancy week: 24

   This week has been a rather slow week in the blog world for me, and I apologize for my lack of appearances. Justin and I have been crazy busy since my last post, and I, unfortunately, think this upcoming week will be the same. Sadly, there will be no belly picture corresponding with week 24 on this post, since I accidentally left my camera chord in Mississippi, and I am in SC for the week, spending some much needed time with the family. 

  As soon as Justin pulled in the drive on Friday afternoon, we hopped in the car again to make our way towards Athens, GA. While staying with his parents for the weekend, we were able to fellowship with some great friends and hear some good preaching at Moriah Primitive Baptist Church, as it was the weekend of their Annual Meeting. Then on Sunday, we met my mom and my aunt in Madison, GA for them to taxi me back to SC for the week.

   Monday night, several of my aunts went in together to throw Little and me a very cute and sweet baby shower. With the piles of pink onesies, sleepers, jumpers, and pacifiers, this baby most definitely will look like a girl. I've been just sitting and staring and organizing the baby clothes as I imagine what Little will look like, what she'll look the cutest in, and if all of the pink will clash with the red hair she might have... :)

  In week 24, babies are supposed to be a little over a pound, since they are gaining about 4 ounces a week at this point. We found out on Friday that Little was already weighing in at 1 pound 6 ounces. So, she's definitely getting her nutrients.  Most of her movements are now visible from the outside of my belly, and she generally likes to throw her biggest parties right as I lay down to go to sleep. Her little kicks and squirms are quite entertaining to watch, and for the first time in my life, I'm quite comfortable showing off my belly.

    I'm not lacking inspiration this week, just time. I'll catch up next week and share some of the precious pictures I've taken over the week. Apologies for my absence!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...