Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Pregnancy: Week 22.



 The weeks just seem to melt away. The little kicks are getting stronger, the belly is getting bigger, and nighttime heartburn has decided to bless me with its presence.

Now that we're past the halfway point, it is hard to believe how fast the time is flying by. As I look back, it is fun to remember all of the excitement and anticipation Justin and I experienced in the first trimester as we waited to hear Little's heartbeat at my first doctor's appointment, see her jump and wiggle on the ultrasound screen, and tell our friends and family about our new addition once we were drawing near to the 2nd trimester. As hard as it was to keep it to ourselves for several weeks, it was quite special keeping a secret so sweet just between us for a brief moment in time.  

  People have told me all along "enjoy it, because it'll be over before you know it!"  Turns out, they aren't kidding. So far, pregnancy has been pretty amazing. From the first glimpse of the little wiggle worm to feeling her kick, it is incredible that something human, something alive, something so amazing can be residing within my lower abdomen and in just a few months, I will be holding her in my arms.

  I've said it before, but I feel I must say it again, the best thing about pregnancy is feeling the baby move and being able to share that joy and excitement with your husband. It has been incredible how hard the kicks have become in the past couple of days and how excited my other half gets when he lays his head on the expanding bump and can identify the repetitious ninja kicks coning from inside. He giggles, laughs, and encourages Little to kick mommy harder next time! It is quite entertaining.  

  On another note, one thing I am truly grateful for during this pregnancy is Google. As the weeks fly by and I begin to realize at a greater extent than ever before: I'm quite clueless about newborns. Then the nervousness sets in and I become obsessive. I obsess over foods I can and cannot eat. So I can't eat parsley, but can I eat cilantro? Solution: Google it. Can stretch marks really be avoided or are they genetic? How big should I be at week # ___?  What is placenta encapsulation? Oh no! I missed a prenatal vitamin, what should I do? And from one of my biggest, quite humorous in retrospect, freakout moments- Is it going to hurt the fetus if I used Aloe Vera on my sunburn?

  It has definitely been a learning experience so far, this whole pregnancy thing. Our excitement grows daily, as does the oh-goodness-what-have-we-gotten-ourselves-into feeling. We have a lot to learn, but also realize that we have a lot of happiness to look forward to as well. For now, I enjoy the kicks, the belly, and the Tums that relieve the nighttime heartburn.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...