Monday, July 11, 2011

Project Nursery: Started!

  So, I'm really not one of those who can't wait to set up the nursery or have been out buying baby items since the day we found out we were pregnant. In fact, I have only bought a few things for Little so far, since I only recently made a decision on a theme for the nursery or how on earth all of the furniture is going to fit neatly in such a small space.
  
   Now that we are officially down to a single income household, I realize there has to be some limit to my spending and an explosion of my creativity when it comes to this little room. So, I've started with a few DIY projects and a Goodwill shopping trip to supply the room with cutesy yet inexpensive decor.

    I'd like to share just a taste of how the nursery is coming along. We still have lots of projects to complete and wall ornaments to hang, but with 4 months left to go, we have plenty of time to make it perfect.


  Crib: Gift from my parents
 Canopy: $3 at Goodwill



Twin Bed with Mattress: $20 at an estate auction
Quilt: Birthday gift from Bed Bath and Beyond.



My DIY projects.
3 Flowered-Wire Circles (which will most likely hang above the changing table)
Wooden Circles used for cross-stitching covered in fabric. (Will be wall art.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...