Wednesday, August 3, 2011

'Craving' Has A Whole New Meaning.

 

I am not a sweets eater. I can pass up desserts. But recently, boy do I love chocolate. And boy do I like to bake. On several occasions during this pregnancy, I have found myself with an intense craving for a brownie or a Hershey's bar or anything involving chocolate for that matter. 

I've wanted chocolate so bad that during one of my crazy food craving frenzies - I almost cried. Yes. I so desperately wanted a food item, one that I have never once had a craving for, that I was on the verge of tears. I chalk it up to the hormones, but Justin seems to think it's all apart of me just being a super drama queen. Oh, the support. :)

After my sad display of lack of self-control, I came across a recipe that would satisfy even the most craving struck, hormone driven, pregnant woman anywhere.

This happens to be the easiest, yet most delicious chocolate cake recipe ever. And I'm not just saying that because of my current addiction.

Too Much Chocolate Cake:
  • 1 (18.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
  • 1 (5.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 3/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/2 cup warm water
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In a large bowl, mix together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, beaten eggs and water. Stir in the chocolate chips and pour batter into a well greased 12 cup bundt pan.
  3. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until top is springy to the touch and a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool cake thoroughly in pan at least an hour and a half before inverting onto a plate If desired, dust the cake with powdered sugar.  
Yum! Enjoy! :)

3 comments:

Beth said...

Casie, I am due November 4th and have craved chocolate so bad! This is one of my favorite recipes and I so wish I had the ingredients!!!! I enjoy your blog so much, this is our 3rd baby but it is so fun to remember everything about the 1st go round!
Take Care,
Beth
P.S. Sonic has a Turtle Milkshake (for a limited time) it is so ridiculously good :)

Emily said...

Be thankful that your cravings are generally obtainable. While prego with Gabriela I was constantly craving things that I couldn't get in Brasil. I wanted Krispy Kreme so bad one day I looked up a recipe and made 3 dozen doughnuts. Talk about healthy! ;)

And P.S. I'm not pregnant, but you made me want chocolate so bad I just ate a handful of chocolate chips.

Casie Parrott Tyson said...

Beth: I'll certainly have to try that Turtle Milkshake if it is endorsed by a fellow chocolate craving November due date!! :)

Emily: :) Heehee. Sorry for the sudden urge for chocolate!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...