Friday, August 5, 2011

More than Little's.

   This is the room in the house that stops me in my tracks every time. The soft pinks and blues, the flowing canopy hanging above, and the closet full of girly outfits and trinkets spark my imagination and make me a little sappy.
 
   When I look at Little's room, I see more than just a place to lay her down to sleep, more than a place to sing to her or rock her or read her bedtime stories. When I look in Little's room, I see a little piece of my past. Some of my most cherished items as a child will also be a staple in Little's childhood, too. In her crib, lies my precious old Puff-Puff and a blanket my great-grandmother knitted for me as a baby just waiting to be loved and adored by Little. Hanging in the closet are several of the clothes I wore as an infant/toddler. My mom and Grandma took their sweet time cleaning them and restoring them to like-new condition.

   This is more than a room. This is a memory. 


 

1 comment:

brii said...

Aw, someone already gave you the ducky sleeper that Avalee wore home from the birth center! Your belly is so cute! You're growing a person!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...