Saturday, August 13, 2011

I suddenly feel like I am supposed to be a mother.

After spending almost an entire afternoon drooling over the super adorable knitted baby goodies on Etsy.com, I remembered that Justin wouldn't be very happy if he came home and I had ordered on of every item on the site, I decided to take up knitting.  Since Little will be born in November,  just as it is getting pretty cold down here in the South, she'll need something to keep her head warm - while looking stylish!

I spent several hours watching YouTube videos and reading a How-To book on making hats. Although they are far from perfect, since taking it up on Thursday night, I've knitted 5 baby and toddler hats!!

Take a look:




4 comments:

Emily said...

Casie, those are so adorable! I'm so impressed you taught yourself to knit!

(And good thing you went ahead and made some toddler sized ones...you know what they say about Tyson heads...although my children have proven that theory completely wrong...) ;)

brii said...

So, I guess we all know what we'll be getting for Christmas this year... :-) LOL And Emily, stop bragging about your gorgeous, tiny babies! This is awful for hand-me-downs! By the time Gabi and Lili have outgrown their cute stuff, Avalee will already be bigger than them! Hehehe! JK we only affectionately call her Chunkapotamus.

Kit said...

Wow Casie!! I can't believe you already made so many! How long did you have to sit still for that? :)

They're adorable! She'll love them for sure.

Kylie said...

I don't know how I missed this post! You put the beanie I knit to shame :) I promise I used to be good with making hats. They look great!!! Did Ellie get to wear them?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...