Thursday, August 4, 2011

Pregnancy: Week 25.


  Week 25 has been a period of a few adjustments. I have reached the point of feeling uncomfortably big and bloated at times. Tums and body pillows have become my best friends. And if it weren't enough that heartburn and sleeplessness has become part of the everyday routine...eating smaller meals are quite the necessity, since there’s just not enough room for all my internal organs and an overly full stomach to share the space with a growing fetus.

  Week 25 came with new challenges, but those do not in anyway out weigh the best part yet. This week has also revealed a different side of Justin. He's been more than wonderful in accepting my aches and pains, massaging whatever hurts, understanding when I accidentally use his face in the middle of the night to turn over, or whatever crazy hormone induced argument I attempt to start.  Although I'm still considered a drama queen, he is proving time and time again that love grows daily, in many ways.

  As much as I love feeling Little move and squirm inside of my expanding belly, I am more in awe of my husband when he is in entranced by the show she throws right before bedtime. Her movements are captivating, but the glow radiating from his smile is truly beautiful and loving. We laugh at her kicks, her wiggles, and the way my stomach becomes lopsided as she switches sides during her show-stopping performances. 

  This is truly an amazing experience. We still have a few months to go before she makes her grand entrance, so until then, we are thankful for good health, mesmerized by the daily and weekly changes, and see the challenges we encounter as only a small part of this fun journey. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...