Monday, August 1, 2011

Why I blog?

Some individuals critique blogs based on baby bumps and pregnancy symptoms. Some are condescending towards other bloggers who use their space to document their feelings, excitement, and sweet love letters to their unborn child.

Lately, and on several occasions, I have been asked why I blog. The answer is simple. To remember. My blog gives me a space all of my own, to write about anything I want to write about, be able to look back, smile, and remember. I catch myself already forgetting some of those moments while Justin and I were dating - but when I read back through old blog posts, it all comes back - the memories, the feelings, the butterflies, the excitement.

In the same way I tried to document those first feelings with my lovie, from engagement to marriage to move to move again :), I now want to document these precious feelings, emotions, and changes I am experiencing in my first pregnancy. Some posts are personal, some are informative, some are just to let friends and family back home know that the little Tyson family in Mississippi are still alive and doing well.

So, for those who disapprove of my blog turning into a "talk about baby" space, I can only assume you feel as if I have abandoned my reason to blog. In which I will have to say you are wrong. As I found it important to remember my relationship and wonderful life with my husband, I find this time in my life needs to be just as cherished and documented with equal love and thoughtfulness. 
For those who have sent beautiful letters of encouragement, prayers, and joy, I appreciate it and am extremely thankful. I love opening my email and finding notes regarding my latest post and how it impacted you. Keep them coming! I write for myself, but I love to know that others are enjoying it too!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...